90 g punnet of fresh raspberries
50g chopped white chocolate
100g self raising flour
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
60g castor sugar
1 medium egg
40ml vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 180-190C, gas mark 5.
- Line a 6 hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Sieve the flour and the bicarbonate of soda together in a large bowl, add the castor sugar and stir to combine.
- Using a measuring jug, measure out the milk, add the oil and the egg and lightly beat with a fork until combined.
- Pour the wet mixture onto the flour and using a metal spoon, mix together gently, the mixture should be a rough texture.
- Gently fold in the white chocolate and raspberries, trying to keep these whole. (Further mixing at this stage will break up the soft fruit and the mixture will turn pink).
- Spoon the mixture into the cases, filling ¾ of each case, bake immediately in the hot oven for approx 15-20mins, until light golden, well risen and firm to the touch.
- Turn out onto a wire rack and when cool dredge with icing sugar.
COOKS TIP: Try using fresh blueberries instead of raspberries.